Friday, November 4, 2011

I haven't been writing for a while.....

Because I thought I hadn't been dieting. I finished the 17 Day Diet, or at least, the 3rd cycle of the diet. So I was on to the "eat good during the week and enjoy your favorite naughty treats on the weekend" portion of the diet where you don't usually lose any weight. And it was around my birthday and I just decided that I wasn't going to go overboard, but that I wasn't going to be so manic and worry about every morsel I ate. And then I weighed myself. I had lost 5 more pounds. I was happy. I was motivated. I have lost 27 pounds. I had to take my dress pants to the tailor and have them taken in (FYI, more expensive than I thought it would be and the tailor shop is now in charge of altering my favorite dress pants so if it doesn't work out I will be devastated. I am trying to have faith.).

When I started this whole diet thing, it wasn't just about losing weight. It was about making better, healthier choices and creating a new lifestyle of healthy living. It seems to be working for the most part. When I started losing so fast at the beginning I was super duper excited and had huge dreams and goals that might have been unrealistically high. I thought it would be great to lose 50 pounds in 10 weeks. Well I've lost almost 30 pounds in 9 weeks and I actually think that was more realistic. I am not disappointed, but I am worried that I won't fit into the sample size 20 wedding dresses when I go dress shopping next weekend. I hope that I can sausage myself into them enough to get a general idea of what I will look like as a bride. I hope and pray [desperately] that this will not end in tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment