Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hankering.

han·ker  (hngkr)
intr.v. han·kered, han·ker·ing, han·kers
To have a strong, often restless desire.
I am hankering for some Domino's Buffalo Chicken Kickers. Deep fried spicy chicken. Gooey creamy ranch dipping sauce. *drool*

I have been left alone for almost two days, and I have been rebelling against healthy eating by stuffing my face (and, I sadly realize, probably my waist) with chips, chocolate, thai food leftovers, cheese, bread (and butter) and fruit juice. And I might just have a beer a little later. And now I really want to order delivery for the first time in months. I could make myself something, but the cupboards are pretty bare and grocery money is post-dated for payday, which is tomorrow, so I am out of luck. I don't even have milk for macaroni and cheese.  I could have leftover thai food, but I already had one meal of that today, and I want to save the rest for tomorrow maybe. I dislike these dilemmas.
 In other fascinating news, I have discovered David's Tea!   I liked tea before and I had experimented with it a little bit. Blueberry tea here, green tea with mandarin orange there, and of course, regular black King Cole tea. But I was mesmerized by David's Tea. The first sample got me hooked. It was of a tea called Northern Lights. Its appley, minty, junipery, and just delicious. Each sip brought forward new lovely flavors and a soothing feeling spreading through all of my being. I also tried Cream of Earl Grey. Its a basic black earl grey with a hint of vanilla and luxurious richness. It is like the naughtiest of unhealthy frappuchinos in healthy tea form and tasted delicious black and unsweetened (when I get milk, I plan to try that too...). Next on my list are Mom's Apple Pie flavoured green tea and Hot Toboggan green tea. The pie flavored one smells in dry form like the best apple pie in the universe, waiting to be brewed. The hot toboggan tea is similar, with apple and cinnamon and almonds and a caramelesque scent. I definitely recommend finding a davids tea near you and smelling and sampling some of their delicious products!



No comments:

Post a Comment